The intelligence department is responsible for collecting and analysing intelligence information about the enemy to determine what the enemy is doing, or might do, to prevent the accomplishment of the enemy’s mission.
Fleet Intelligence provides the following services for the Fleet.
- provision of analysis in areas relevant to Fleet security;
- give early warning of impending crises;
- serve Fleet and inter-Fleet management by helping to discern the intentions of current or potential opponents;
- protect sensitive information secrets, both of their own sources and activities, and those of other Fleets;
- act covertly to influence the outcome of events in favour of the Fleet interests, or influence inter-Fleet security; and
- defend against the efforts of other intelligence entities (counter-intelligence).